So Imageazy Designs just got awarded the 2023 Safest Website Award for our use of safe outbound links (external links). Isn’t that awesome news?!
There I was deleting spam emails when I found this email from the chief content manager at sur.ly. And it was a notification that their systems had recognized imageazy.com as one of the safest websites for users in 2023!
After a quick research of sur.ly and their services, I was satisfied that it wasn’t some sort of scam (which one must always be wary of in email). I’ve accepted the award and we are now verified as partners with sur.ly with a premium-looking page.
What are outbound links?
With all this talk of awards, you might ask yourself “Just what are outbound links?”
When you write a blog post, it’s essential to include some good links so your readers can learn more about what you’re talking about.
Outbound links are hyperlinks that point to other websites. When you include outbound links, it tells Google and other search engines that your post is valuable content worth clicking on.
Adding these links (alternately known as external links) is an easy way to increase the value of your blog post and encourage more people to read it.
Here are some tips on how to add outbound links:
- Use a keyword research tool to find relevant keywords for your post.
- Use those keywords in the title of your post and in the first few sentences.
- Add links to related articles and websites in your post.
- Use the ” Related Articles” section of Google to find additional content that might be relevant to your post.
- Share your post on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and other online communities to get the word out.
If you follow these tips, your blog post will be more valuable to readers and you’ll increase the chances of getting more outbound links.
Best of luck, and happy blogging!