The book formatting for Owe – Yoruba by Proverbs was done as a paperback that should be easy to hold and ideal for a coffee table. A reasonably large font size was used to make the book easy to read with or without glass.
I designed the book cover with contrast in mind and old dried dirt as inspiration. The cover also includes extended flaps that folded into the book. The full extended cover was intended as a hardcover jacket but was printed as the paperback’s cover instead.
Proverbs within the book are grouped into categories. I used the names of said categories as chapter titles. Each proverb starts with the Yoruba text in italics, the English translation in bold text, and finally an explanation of the proverb (highlighting Yoruba words in italics).
Included features in Yoruba by Proverbs book formatting
Reggie Pedro and Ben Adedipe created the illustrations in the book. Features in the book ( besides submitted text content) include:
- Cover design
- Table of contents
- Page numbers
- Headers and footers
- Index of Yoruba words used in the book
- Glossary explaining Yoruba words used in the book
Afkar Printing and Publishing are responsible for professional printing and you can order it online from CIAPS Press with the following link.
If you have a book to publish, click here to start your book formatting project.
- How to Post a Blog on WordPress Like a Pro - September 5, 2023
- Imageazy Designs Awarded Safest Content Award for Safe Outbound Links - February 24, 2023
- 10 Reasons your small business website needs a blog - August 23, 2020